SEPTEMBER IS THYROID CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
Hyde’s Air Conditioning will once again donate $10 to the American Thyroid Association for every Hyde’s Family Comfort Plan Maintenance Agreement sold or renewed during the month of September 2020.
This year our goal is to donate $3,000 to the American Thyroid Association (ATA), which is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement, understanding, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disorders and thyroid cancer.
We met our goal in 2020 to raise $3,000. Thank you for all your support!
To learn more about the American Thyroid Association go to www.Thyroid.org and don’t forget to do your thyroid neck check at your next doctor’s appointment.
What is Thyroid Cancer?
Thyroid cancer is a tumor that develops in the thyroid gland found in the neck. This cancer is commonly diagnosed at a younger age than most adult cancers but has been known to occur in individuals anywhere from infancy to old age.
- Women are three times more likely to develop thyroid cancer than men.
- The American Cancer Society estimates there will be about 52,890 new cases of thyroid cancer in the United States in 2020.
Thyroid Cancer first touched the Hyde Family in 2016 and has inspired our company to help spread the word that September is Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month.
- Mark & Judy’s daughter, Shelby, was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer at the age of 21.
- She was diagnosed in February 2016 and had her thyroid removed that March.
- Shelby underwent radio-iodine therapy in July 2016.
- She had a thyroid cancer recurrence in her thyroid bed in August 2020.
- Shelby had thyroid bed cancer surgery September 2020.
In her journey of thyroid cancer, Shelby has faced many ongoing health issues but continues to have a positive attitude.
After this last surgery in September 2020, we believe Shelby is healed and are thankful for the continued prayers, love & support from family and friends. This is also why we continue to support Thyroid Cancer research.
“My daughter continues to amaze me with her attitude, her spirit and her ability to help and encourage others while in the midst of her own cancer struggles.”
Mark, Judy, Shelby and Taylor Hyde
“My faith walk and cancer journey, even with all its twists & turns, continues to teach me so much about myself while allowing me to share my story to encourage others to persevere who are dealing with cancer.”