Protect Your Home From Unexpected Electrical Surges with a Whole House Surge Protector
Living in the Coachella Valley, we are very aware of the unpredictable weather conditions that can lead to sudden power surges. These surges, also known as electrical spikes, can damage electronic devices and home appliances, costing you thousands of dollars in electrical repairs and replacements. If you want to prevent this from happening, it is important to protect your home with a whole house surge protector.
What is a Whole House Surge Protector?
A whole house surge protector is a device that protects your entire home from power surges. It is built into your electrical system which safeguards your appliances and electronics by blocking or redirecting harmful voltage spikes.
Unlike individual surge protectors, which only protect a single appliance or device, a whole house surge protector is installed within your main electrical panel or circuit breaker. This allows it to provide protection to all the electrical devices and appliances connected to it.
Why Would I Need Whole Home Surge Protection?
There are several reasons why you might need whole home surge protection for your Coachella Valley home that include:
- Protection from Power Surges: Power surges can damage your appliances and electrical devices, which usually leads to costly repairs and replacements. A whole house surge protector provides protection from such surges, safeguarding your devices and appliances.
- Safety: Electrical surges can also pose a safety hazard to your home and family. Whole home surge protection provides an extra layer of safety to your home by preventing power surges from reaching dangerous levels.
- Increased Lifespan of Appliances: Your home appliances will last longer than those that are not secure. This is because power surges can damage the internal components of appliances, reducing their lifespan. With a whole house surge protector, your appliances are protected.
Other Whole Home Surge Protection Questions?
Here are some signs that you may have experienced a power surge:
- Dimming or Flickering Lights
- Appliances Turning Off or Resetting
- Burnt Smell
- Damage to Electronics
- Tripped Circuit Breaker
If you experience any of these signs, it is important to have a licensed electrician inspect your electrical system.
Yes you need an electrician to install a whole home surge protector. Only a professional electrician should install whole house surge protectors. The electrician will install the surge protector at the main electrical panel of your home, ensuring that all electrical devices and appliances are protected from power surges.
No whole-house surge protectors does not protect against lightning. No device on its own, including surge protectors, is capable of safeguarding your home's electronic equipment against power surges resulting from direct lightning strikes.
Tips for Maintaining Your Whole House Surge Protector
To ensure that your whole house surge protector functions properly, it is important to maintain it regularly.
Here are some tips for maintaining your whole house surge protector:
- Visually inspect the surge protector periodically to ensure that it is functioning properly.
- Keep the area around the surge protector clean and free of debris.
- Replace the surge protector if it becomes damaged or outdated.
Whole house surge protectors are essential for protecting your Coachella Valley home from power surges. They also provide an extra layer of safety to your home, safeguarding your appliances and devices from damage.
Get an Estimate for a Whole Home Surge Protector
If you do not already have a whole house surge protector installed in your home, get plugged into our electrical service department by contacting our licensed electricians to install one. It is a small investment that can save you thousands of dollars in the long run.