Spring is the season that we begin to use our air conditioners much more frequently here in the Coachella Valley but it’s never too early to schedule your annual air conditioner maintenance tune-up.
We want to help our customers understand why it’s so important to schedule a professional maintenance appointment, so today we’re going to talk about what’s involved in annual air conditioner maintenance and the benefits of having it done early on in the spring!
What’s involved in annual air conditioner maintenance?
During your air conditioner tune-up, Hyde’s will perform a number of important tasks on your air conditioner that will get it ready for the upcoming season.
These tasks include:
- Checking electrical connections and safety controls
- Checking thermostat calibrations
- Lubricating the fan motor
- Measuring amp draw
- Checking air flow
- Inspecting and cleaning the condenser
- Inspecting and cleaning the evaporator coil
- Checking refrigerant lines and levels
- Checking start and run capacitors and relays
- Checking the condensate drain
Why is annual air conditioner maintenance important?
Annual air conditioner tune-ups are often referred to as “preventive maintenance”.
That’s because one of the reasons that they are so important is that they prevent your system from breaking down later on in the year. By scheduling maintenance now, you can avoid potentially expensive repairs in the summer.
Another great benefit of annual maintenance is that it fixes any problems that are preventing your air conditioner from operating efficiently. That’s why tune-ups result in lower energy bills throughout our long and hot summers.
Finally, scheduling an air conditioner tune-up every year is the best way to extend the life of your system.
Air conditioners that receive annual maintenance last much longer than poorly-maintained air conditioners, so tune-ups allow you to get the most out of the investment you made in your cooling system. Instead of your air conditioning system lasting 10-12 years you could get 15-20 years out of it!
In order to maximize the benefits that you’ll receive from annual air conditioner maintenance, it’s best to schedule your appointment as early as possible.
This is true for a couple of reasons.
- It will be easier to book an appointment now before our schedules begin to fill up with air conditioner maintenance and repair calls.
- The earlier you book your tune-up, the longer you’ll benefit from a system that’s operating at its peak performance and efficiency levels.
- A tune-up will bring your system up to its peak efficiency levels and help you minimize or reduce your total AC energy costs.
How else will you benefit from an air conditioner tune-up?
- You’ll greatly decrease the chance of your system breaking down. When you have AC maintenance before the heat of summer, it will work when you need it most.
- You’ll avoid the need for expensive repairs. Preventative maintenance is exactly that: preventative and a maintenance call is way cheaper than an AC repair call.
- Your electricity bills will be lower. Getting an AC tune-up can increase your air conditioner’s efficiency by up to 15%!
- Your home will be more comfortable. During your maintenance visit, we’ll fix any problems that may be preventing your system from cooling your home properly.
- You’ll extend the operating life of your system. Annual AC tune-ups can add as many as five years to your air conditioner’s expected lifespan.
What is an HVAC maintenance agreement?
A maintenance agreement (also known as a service or maintenance plan), is a year-long service program you can sign up for with an HVAC company like Hyde’s.
Find out more about Hyde’s Family Comfort Plan.
While the details of maintenance agreements vary from company-to-company, most of them include annual tune-ups for your heating and cooling systems along with a number of other exclusive benefits.
The Benefits of Hyde’s HVAC Maintenance Agreement
- Summer and winter maintenance. Hyde’s will visit your home twice a year to tune up your furnace and air conditioner. Annual maintenance on your heating and cooling systems ensures that your units are operating at peak-efficiency and helps prevent breakdowns during the summer and winter when you need them the most. Two multi-point tune-ups per year and priority service 365 days a year.
- Warranty on Repairs. Not only will we perform the maintenance on your HVAC systems – we’ll also guarantee that it will keep your units performing throughout the year. Two-year warranty on ALL repair work. Excludes Freon and condensate leaks.
- Discounts on repairs. All repairs charged at a discounted rate of 15% off including diagnostic fee.
- Priority response and scheduling. Scheduling a service call is never a problem when you’re a Family Comfort Member at Hyde’s. That’s because you’ll receive priority service day or night. If your cooling system breaks down, we will respond within four hours.
- Earn Rewards. Earn $100 in Hyde’s Reward Credits for each consecutive year you continue the program up to $1000.
If you have any questions about annual air conditioner maintenance, or if you’d like a cooling system serviced or installed in your home, contact Hyde’s, your Coachella Valley 5 star heating and cooling contractor.