It’s spring in the Coachella Valley, which means the season for air conditioner tune-ups is here or quickly approaching! This is the time of year that we take a look at our customers’ air conditioners and perform all the necessary inspections and tasks that will ensure their cooling systems run smoothly and efficiently all summer long.
So whether you’re a Hydes Family Comfort Plan member or you’re just curious about the importance of annual maintenance, check out all the great benefits of air conditioner tune-ups we listed below!
The Benefits of Regular AC Maintenance Include:
- Avoid air conditioner problems this summer. There’s never a good time to have your air conditioner break down, but you certainly don’t want it to happen in the middle of summer! An air conditioner tune-up will ensure your air conditioner is running as smoothly as possible and help prevent unexpected problems when you need your air conditioner the most.
- Catch small problems before they become BIG problems. The longer you ignore a problem with your air conditioner, the worse it will tend to get. Often times, unattended problems will leave you with higher operating costs as well as more expensive repairs. During a tune-up, we’ll check for any problems — big or small — that your cooling system might be experiencing and take care of them before they get worse.
- Improve comfort levels in your home. The whole reason you have an air conditioner in your home is to keep you and your family comfortable. Without an annual tune-up, your air conditioner will likely develop inefficiencies and problems that make it difficult to cool your home the way you want it. Maintaining your comfort level is your ac system’s top priority as well as Hydes!
- Lower your utility bills. A tune-up will bring your air conditioner up to its peak operating efficiency. This will allow your unit to consume less energy and keep your utility bills under control. The earlier in the year you get your tune-up, the more you can take advantage of these lower operating costs.
- Extend the life of your unit. Air conditioners that have annual tune-ups last much longer than poorly-maintained systems. By having your air conditioner tuned-up every year, you can add years to its operating life! It is important to not miss a tune-up, as it helps you to be comfortable all summer long while protecting your investment.
What’s involved in annual air conditioner maintenance?
During your air conditioner tune-up, Hydes will perform a number of important tasks on your air conditioner that will get it ready for the upcoming season that include:
- Checking electrical connections and safety controls
- Checking thermostat calibrations
- Lubricating the fan motor
- Measuring amp draw
- Checking air flow
- Inspecting and cleaning the condenser
- Inspecting and cleaning the evaporator coil
- Checking refrigerant lines and levels
- Checking start and run capacitors and relays
- Checking the condensate drain
What is an HVAC maintenance agreement?
A HVAC system maintenance agreement (also known as a service or maintenance plan), is a year-long service program you can sign up for with an HVAC company like Hydes to keep your heating system or air conditioner running efficiently.
While the details of maintenance agreements vary from company-to-company, most of them include annual tune-ups for your heating and cooling systems along with a number of other exclusive benefits.
If you have any questions about an air conditioner tune-up, or if you’d like a cooling system serviced or installed in your home, contact Hydes, your Coachella Valley air conditioning company.